2010-05-28

Anyone else starting to get a bit nervous?

 
It's been a while since my last visit here @1BlueJaysWay, I've been stuck away on an island...but this time that pesky smoke monster is finally dead...

What brings me here this evening; is I'm getting a bit nervous...as some of you might know, I'm the glass is half full kinda guy around here...but after the rough past 10 we've had and what lies waiting for us next week and even the month of June, I'm getting a little uneasy...

It was this time last year + 1 Day to be exact that we just lost our NINTH game in a row and that was the tailspin that put us out for the rest of the year. We all remember how our hopes and dreams of a contending Toronto Blue Jays were crushed once again...

That brings me to this year, we've got a series against the Orioles this weekend and jesus f'in christ we better take at least two from them, if not sweep them...they're 15-33 before heading into this weekend...this of a team that was supposed to do better then us by most magazines in Feb and March...

Then we've got Tampa for 3, then the Yankees for 3 and then another 3 versus Tampa and THEN, then we start a run of 15 interleague games...ugh...for the record the Jays are 109 and 123 in these games...but I would have thought it would have been a lot worse, they never seem to do well against the NL teams...

I've been loving catching parts of games that I can watch and I'm loving watching the highlights in the morning...this is a great team to watch, they always seem to be in the game until the last out and I love that...there is no fall down and die this year...the Jays have something to prove, to the fans, to management and most importantly, to themselves...

But, the other half of the glass of me is just waiting for the carpet to be pulled out from under us and for us to come crashing down to reality...I really hope it's not in June because I really want this ride to last as long as it can...this was a team that some had predicted would lose a 100 games and be last in the AL East if not the bottom 2 or 3 in the American League...

If we can make it through June, who knows how Boy Wonder will start thinking about July and the trade deadline that lies ahead in the distance...


2 comments: