2011-06-10

A retweet from Bobby Elliott


So, right before it was time for bed a thought came over me.....Vernon has been on the DL for quite some time now. I remembered Vernon was making $23 million dollars to play baseball this year but decided to head over to Cott`s just to be sure. Yep I was right.

Wow.

With some simple arithmetic I was able to determine that works out to $141,975.31 a game.

Wow.

I then multiplied that figure by the number of games Vernon (at the time) was out with his leg/groin injury. That would have been 21 games. That's how I got the total of $2,981,481.48

Not bad for 4 o'clock in the morning eh?

Right back to Cott's I went and noted that that figure is higher then most of our current Blue Jays' salaries, for the whole year.

Wow.

I tweeted it out and my head hit the pillow all in one motion. When I got up I had about 15 e-mails, 90% of which was new followers which pushed me up over 6 bills.

Thanks Bob.

Quickly:

Mr. Elliott is a total night owl and normally only ventures on Twitter between the hours of 2AM to about 5AM.

2 comments:

  1. Man it's nice to not be paying VW this year. Or any year after this. Nice trade AA. And shows how much I've been MIA but, all right a mobile site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there stranger. Been a while. How you enjoying the season so far?

    Yeah the mobile site is a new feature on the Blogger platform and a long time coming if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete